Watch in HD Remnants (2013)
- MOVIE page: Remnants (2013)
- Rate: 5.6/10 total 76 votes
- Genre: Action | Drama | Sci-Fi
- Runtime: 94 min | USA:92 min
- Filming Location: Rising Fawn, Georgia, USA
- Stars: Tom Sizemore, Wilbur Fitzgerald, Alex Van | See full cast and crew
- Original Music By: Steven Grove (as Steve Grove) Kenneth Lampl Matthew Young
- (in alphabetical order)
- Paul Hilburger co-writer
- Adam Minarovich co-writer
- Adam Minarovich wraparound segment
- Matthew Young co-writer
- Matthew Young wraparound segment
Remnants (2013) Synopsis :In the tranquil suburb of Excalibur Estates, ART, his wife GWEN, and their CHILDREN lead contented lives. Art cajoles with his neighbors,MERL and LANCE, then spends another quiet evening with his close-knit and loving family. They don't notice news reports about an odd cosmic anomaly an unusually bright star and a series of impending gamma-ray flares. Despite these strange warnings, Art prepares for another day at work. At the office, the routines of daily life are interrupted when breaking news broadcasts a government press conference. Authorities describe recent cosmic activity from a type of super-dense star that has released a burst of gamma rays. This massive electromagnetic storm is heading toward Earth and will affect every part of the planet disrupting electricity grids, cell phones, and every other modern convenience. As the government declares martial law in urban areas, requests to remain calm go unheeded as everyone in Art's office panics and flees to get back home before the gamma rays cripple.......
Plot: A rare astronomical event causes a permanent worldwide black out, forcing residents of a middle-class suburb to get by with no modern conveniences... See more » »
Story: A rare astronomical event causes a permanent worldwide black out, forcing residents of a middle-class suburb to get by with no modern conveniences. The community pulls together and adapts to a simpler way of life, but their success draws the attention of the less resourceful residents in the area and soon results in a war between subdivisions. This is their story. Written byAnonymous
- Zeke Flatten known as executive producer
- Travis Fox known as executive producer
- Donald Hamrick known as associate producer (as Donny Hamrick)
- Carelton Holt known as associate producer
- David J. Mack known as executive producer
- Janlatae Mullins known as associate producer
- Robert Pralgo known as co-producer
- Keith Schoen known as producer
- Russell Sheldon known as executive producer
- Tom Sizemore known as producer
- Ron Walton known as line producer
- Tom Sizemore known as General Vincent Tate
- Wilbur Fitzgerald known as President Marshall Erwin
- Alex Van known as Scott Fehrman
- Robert Pralgo known as Art Bernard
- Adam Minarovich known as Secretary Pierce Brown
- Justin Welborn known as Brian Sears
- Vanelle known as Gwen Bernard
- Donald Sill known as Merl
- Jeff Briggs known as Morris
- David J. Mack known as Lance
- Addy Miller known as Melissa Bernard
- Tara Nicole Azarian known as Amber
- Paul Hilburger known as Tyson
- Michael S. Thomas known as Dave Bernard
- Tate Clemons known as Grace
- Aaron Bishop known as Lee
- Karen Boles known as News Radio Reporter
- Ashley LeConte Campbell known as Sec of Homeland Security
- Will Cone known as Secretary of Defense
- Lee Darnell known as White Man
- Whit Davies known as Chief of Staff
- Jonathon Demers
- Roxanna Demers known as Zoe
- Nick Errato known as Cyprus
- Eric Goodson known as Reporter 1
- Colleen Ann Guest known as TV News Reporter
- Gina Herron known as Linda
- Carelton Holt known as Helicopter Soldier
- Christopher Houldsworth known as Axe Man
- Charlie Huffman known as Neighborhood Resident
- Dean Allen Jones known as Neighbor
- Nina Jones known as First Lady Erwin
- Andrew R. Kaplan known as Dr. Wilson
- Nick Karner known as John Riddick
- Jason Kimball known as Rob
- Keith Kittrelle known as Jamal
- Todd Lackey known as Neighbor
- Tanner Lagasca known as Excalibur Estates Resident
- Chason Lane known as Boy with BB Gun
- Rebecca Larken known as Excalibur Estates Resident
- Wanda Lilly known as Excalibur neighbor
- Maxie McClintock known as Communications Officer Maxey
- Cheryl McConnell known as Neighbor
- Marianne Meador known as Station Manager
- Omer Mughal known as Scientist
- Anna Nalepka known as Reporter
- Davis Osborne known as The Wonderer
- Jeremy Pendleton known as Dress Soldier
- Barry Piacente known as Richard Hollis
- Lexy Raiford known as Infiltrator
- Dina B. Reed known as Neighborhood Resident
- Ron Rice known as Percy
- Michael Ryan Rola known as Soldiers
- Jennifer Russoli known as White House Press Aide
- Josh Schmitt known as Excalibur neighbor
- Bill Spitz known as Excalibur Estates Resident
- Kayli Maree Tolleson known as Little Girl
- David Topp known as Tom
- Alan Watkins known as Subdivision Resident
- Kevin Woods known as Secret Service Agent
- Jenn Wright known as Jennifer
- Travis Young known as Press Secretary
- Tracey Coppedge known as Neighbor (uncredited)
- Fox Rice known as Excaliber Estate Teen (uncredited)
- AfterLight Pictures (presents)
- Brothers Young Productions (in association with)
- Bug Out Bag Productions
- Reel Equity Funding
- Remnants Group
- Take 5 Production Services (production services)
- White Flame Studios (in association with)
Remnants (2013) Review by speargun-615-202935 from Florida
First, let me say this: If you are a hard core prepper, survivalist,etc..., you are going to see some "flaws" in the story line or the waypeople may do things. This is no different than when a cop watches a"cop movie" or a doctor watches some medical miracle on TV. For therest of the world who aren't "specialist" in the field, it's just goodFICTION, put together by good people, who worked hard to bring it toyou without a Hollywood budget to work with.
Now, on to the film. This film is about what MIGHT happen and how agroup of people MIGHT handle the situation. Some of the acting coulduse a little polishing, but the overall story is very good. While thisis a work of fiction and the trigger is a "rare astronomical event", Ibelieve that the response of the people involved is a fairrepresentation of how things could go should any major catastrophebefall the general population.
This film is a good "eye opener" to anyone who thinks that they don'tneed to worry about preparing for emergencies or think that there willalways be someone (the govt.) there to take care of them. Just considerall of the troubles at home and around the world today and you couldeasily replace "rare astronomical event" with "collapse of theeconomy", "government confiscation of firearms", or what almosthappened recently in Russia "meteor strikes heavily populated city,explodes with a force 300 times greater than the Hiroshima bomb,killing thousands, injuring millions, and destroying billions ininfrastructure."
No matter what the trigger, this movie will make you think about someof the realities of life, but it's not doom & gloom. There's plenty ofdrama with family, friends, & neighbors, as well as lots of action.
LIKE this movie, let all of your friends know about it, and helpsupport it so that you can see it in a theater near you soon.
Remnants (2013) Review by Lauren Addams from United States
I loved this movie! I loved the parallel story lines. I thought it wasgreat.I thought actor Rob Pralgo did a FANTASTIC JOB; solid work.
My favorite scene was when the entire government was down in the bunkerarguing about what to do. I thought it was really intense and it kindof had me on the edge of my seat.
I really loved the helicopter scenes. I thought it added a bit ofexpansion in the film and got us out of the "community".
I do agree that some of the army terminology wasn't SPOT ON (I've heardfrom other friends who have seen it), but overall the movie was a greateffort, had great affects, great cinematography and shone a light onsomething that I didn't even know existed.
Now, more than ever I am interested in the prepper world and am lookingfor more films like it. I am also interested in other films from thesedirectors. I'd really like to see what else they have out there interms of this. Overall, I thought that Remnants was a great movie, witha good story and highly artistic film aspects.
Remnants (2013) Review by sgtgunner-1 from United States
I'm not sure what happened to my first review. So, I will writeanother.
I was looking forward to the release of this film and maybe I hypedmyself up too much. I will start with the acting...for the most part,it was solid. In fact, I believe some of the 'newer' actors were betterthan the veterans.
I could have done without the parallel storyline of what the governmentwas doing to solve this crisis. It seemed shoehorned in and I feel theonly reason it was approved was that Sizemore showed an interest in thefilm.
The film would have been much better if they had just focused on thecommunity and the struggles of coming together. I understand there isan original version that does not include the government storyline. Iwould like to see that version.
SPOILERS BELOW: I could have overlooked the inconsistencies with theuniform - but to have a 4 Star General not holding a firearm properlyis unforgivable. I understand that some people will overlook these asthey are not experienced as a prepper or ex-military. But, that doesnot make it right...the producers just need to do a small amount ofresearch to get things right. That is what makes a good movie.
Then we have the prepper, who is a Special Forces veteran. He has beenpreparing for something like this for years, stockpiling food, weapons,ammunition, generator, etc... But, for some reason, establishing aperimeter and organizing guard duty are not anywhere near the top ofhis priority list. I can't get past this...being a prepper, thesescenarios play through your mind on a daily basis and security is inthe top five.
END SPOILERS Overall, I say this is a good 'eye-opening' movie. Oursociety has become accustomed to the many conveniences of technologyand has lost the ability to function without. I would recommend thismovie for this reason alone. This movie does a good job of showing thatthe government will not be there to help you. YOU need to prepare forthe unexpected.
Related Search :
Remnants of supernova explosion found in ancient magnetotactic ... (Phys.org) Back in 2004, German scientists discovered traces of supernova ejecta that had been deposited in the deep-sea ferromanganese crust of the pacific ocean ... California Antique Show Vintage Market Show Remnants of the Past Remnants of the Past Antique and Vintage Show. Saturday, June 1, 2013 $10 per Guest Shopping from 9am to 5pm Includes admission for Sunday. Sunday, June 2, 2013 ... Remnants of the Past Vintage Show 2013 Join Jo Packham at Remnants of the Past Vintage Show 2013. June 1st and 2nd in San Luis Obispo, CA. Jo would love to see you there. Remnants Cover Reveal! Lisa Tawn Bergren At last, I can share with you the working cover for REMNANTS: SEASON OF WONDER. This first-in-a-trilogy YA novel will come out in October with Zondervan, under their ... Israel REMNANT 2013 Scott Catalogue Pages 1245 1288 eBay Find best value and selection for your Israel REMNANT 2013 Scott Catalogue Pages 1245 1288 search on eBay. World's leading marketplace. Remnants: Official Site Remnants will be premiering at the Cannes March Du Film on May 17, at 6 pm. 26 JAN 2013. ... 2013 Afterlight Pictures, LLC and Reel Equity Funding, LLC. Remnants Pharyngula Amongst the debris left over from last nights late ruckus in my hotel room, I find in my possession many empty wine and beer bottles, a quarter of a fifth of vodka ... Remnants of the Past Vintage Show 2013 - Where Women Cook - Taking ... Will you be joining Jo Packham and the other special guest at the Remnants of the Past Vintage Show 2013?